Travel Resources for the ACM Community
The ACM has made arrangements for discounted rates for hotels in Chicago, nationally, and internationally. These options are available for faculty and staff at ACM member colleges, as well as their families, for both business and personal travel. In all cases, the person booking the room is responsible for all reservations, cancellations, and payments.
Scroll down or use these links for more information about hotels:
- Best Western River North Hotel, Chicago
- University Club, Chicago
- Club Quarters Hotels, with hotels in Chicago, London, New York, and several other U.S. cities
- HotelStorm — Website with discounted rates for thousands of hotels worldwide. Create an account using the passcode EXPANDYOURWORLD to make reservations. (ACM is not responsible for any arrangements made through HotelStorm. Use of the website constitutes an agreement solely between the user and HotelStorm.)
Meetings at the ACM Office
- Directions to the ACM consortial office and Chicago Program, including information if you are traveling to Chicago by car, train, bus, or by air to either O'Hare or Midway Airports.
- Using the ACM office space — The ACM consortial office space, with several meeting rooms, is a resource in downtown Chicago for the faculty, staff, and students on the 14 ACM campuses. Groups and individuals from the ACM colleges are welcome to use the space, subject to availability, usually with no rental fee.
- Parking — Parking garages near the ACM office can be very expensive. ACM staff recommend booking a parking spot through the discounted website/app called Spot Hero, which can save up to $20 for a parking space. Options near the ACM office include parking garages located at 124 S. Wabash and 17-21 E. Adams.
Chicago: Best Western River North Hotel, 125 W. Ohio Street, Chicago
- ACM has negotiated rates with the Best Western River North Hotel. 2017 rates range from $89.99 to $169.99 per night, plus tax, depending on the size of the room and the time of year. There are blackout dates when these rates do not apply. Parking is $15 per night.
- For reservations: Contact the hotel directly at 312.467.0800 or email@example.com and refer to Associated Colleges of the Midwest or ACM.
- ACM guests receive a breakfast voucher (1 per night), high-speed wireless internet access, and access to the indoor pool, fitness center, and outdoor deck.
Chicago: University Club of Chicago, 76 E. Monroe Street, Chicago
- ACM has negotiated rates with the University Club of Chicago. 2016 rates range from $99 to $289 per night, plus an 18% daily surcharge (in lieu of hotel tax since it is a private club), depending on the type of room and time of year. Parking is available at the underground Grant Park North garage (entrance is just north of Monroe in the center of Michigan Avenue) for $15/night (no in-and-out privileges) when validated at the University Club.
- For reservations: Contact the University Club directly at 312.726.2840 and refer to Associated Colleges of the Midwest or ACM to receive the correct rate.
- ACM guests receive wireless internet access, access to the all fitness facilities including the pool and group classes, use of the Members' Office suite (business center), complimentary coffee on each guest room floor, complimentary bottled water in guest rooms, and access to all dining facilities in the club. There is a dress code based on the day of the week and activity the guest is doing at the club. Each guest will be issued a "guest card" which they can use for services in the club. All charges will be included in their final bill. Gratuities are not permitted.
Club Quarters Hotels
- ACM has a membership with Club Quarters Hotels that allows faculty, staff, students, and alumni of ACM member colleges to stay at any Club Quarters domestic and international locations. In Chicago, the Central Loop Hotel is two blocks from the ACM office.
- For rates and reservations: Visit www.clubquarters.com for information on rates, locations, and amenities. The member ID for ACM guests booking online is ACM. If booking over the phone, make sure to mention Associated Colleges of the Midwest or ACM to get the correct rate. Club Quarters may have deep discounts on holidays and weekends, but they don’t show that information online — it requires calling and asking for the specific holiday or weekend rate. All ACM rates at Club Quarters do not include any additional amenities.
- Website with discounted rates for thousands of hotels worldwide. Visit www.hotelstorm.com/acm to create an account using the passcode EXPANDYOURWORLD to make reservations.
- ACM does not profit from the use of the HotelStorm website. ACM is not responsible for any arrangements made through HotelStorm. Use of the website constitutes an agreement solely between the user and HotelStorm.