Use of the ACM Office Space
The ACM consortial office in downtown Chicago has meeting rooms available for use. Priority is given to faculty, staff, and students from the 14 ACM campuses.
The space may be used for a variety of purposes, such as workshops and staff retreats, class visits, interviews, alumni groups, teleconferencing, and more.
- Wi-Fi is available throughout the space.
- Large Conference Room – Seats up to 32 people in a hollow square or classroom style. Equipped with a digital projector and laptop, teleconferencing capability (built-in camera and microphones), and whiteboards.
- Small Conference Room – Seats up to 24 people in a seminar or classroom style. Equipped with a digital projector and laptop, audioconferencing capability (built-in microphones), and whiteboards..
- Access to limited kitchen facilities (refrigerator, microwave, sink) is available.
- The 11 E. Adams building and ACM space are ADA compliant.
Other services available
Note: The Event Sponsor will be responsible for setting up prior to the event and cleaning up afterward and for all direct costs of the following services. There may be additional fees, as well.
- ACM can arrange for meals, snacks, and beverages to be delivered during the group's use of the space.
- ACM can make arrangements for overnight accommodations at the Best Western River North Hotel. The hotel offers free internet access, breakfast, and parking.
- ACM can advise on transportation options and the purchase of CTA public transportation passes for campus-based groups.
- Chicago Program faculty and staff may be able to provide an orientation to Chicago and other academic presentations for groups.
- Onsite photocopying and computers for use by ACM college faculty and students can be arranged.
Costs and fees
- Rental fees for use of the facility are waived for ACM campus-based groups, except for courses for which tuition is charged.
- Rental fee schedule as of 7/1/2016:
Large Conference Room: $600 for a full day and $300 for a half day.
Small Conference Room: $400 for a full day and $200 for a half day.
- Rental fees are based on use during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, except holidays). Outside of regular business hours, there will be a staff fee, in addition to any applicable rental fees, charged to the Event Sponsor for the cost of an ACM staff presence to keep the space open.
- Costs and fees charged by the building management as a result of use of the space by a group (such as cleaning fees or charges for heating/air conditioning) will be charged to the Event Sponsor.
To reserve the ACM consortial space
- All use of the ACM space is subject to availability. Chicago Program and ACM consortial activities have priority in scheduling.
- The Event Sponsor should contact Betsy Hutula. ACM will prepare a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to be signed by the Event Sponsor in order to reserve the space.
- For questions about reserving and using the ACM consortial space, contact Betsy Hutula (312.561.5930).