ACM Notes Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with ACM!
ACM Notes is published by the Associated Colleges of the Midwest (ACM) to inform faculty and administrators at the ACM member institutions about consortial activities.
ACM Voices - What Can We Learn Online?
by David Schodt, ACM Senior Program Officer for Faculty & Staff Development Programs
• Faculty seminar to address liberal arts college finances and governance.
• Meetings will explore collaboration between ACM colleges and research universities.
• Fall Costa Rica program offers new electives in public health, education, and environmental literature, plus expanded rural practicum.
• Call for Pre-Proposals for the next SAIL seminar for faculty.
ACM Voices - Do No Harm: Research Skills and Cross-cultural Learning
by Joan Gillespie, ACM Vice President & Director of Off-Campus Study Programs
• Faculty from Carleton, Coe, Luther, and St. Olaf selected for Mediterranean Trivium seminar.
• FaCE project leads to Earth & Environment in Italy program.
• Upcoming application deadlines for:
- Visiting faculty positions on ACM programs in 2014-15
- Faculty site visit to London this spring
- ACM/Univ. of Chicago Faculty Development Grants up to $3,000
ACM Voices - New Initiatives, New Faces – Shaping Programs Owned Jointly by Your College
by Christopher Welna, ACM President
• Call for participants: SAIL faculty seminar on The Mediterranean Trivium: Earth, Sea, and Culture, will include ten days on site in Italy.
• Macalester's Khaldoun Samman will be Visiting Faculty for ACM's new off-campus program in Jordan.
• 15 ACM-Mellon Post-doctoral Fellows on ACM campuses this year broaden the colleges' curricula.
• FaCE grants support faculty projects to strengthen liberal arts learning.