- Three ACM-Mellon Post-doctoral Fellows Receive Extensions for a Third Year of Teaching May 17, 2013
Funding will support seven fellowships at five colleges in 2013-14, the program’s final year.
- Scholarly Journal for Undergrads Publishes Papers by Two Students on the Tanzania Program May 10, 2013
Students' independent field practicum projects focused on elephant behavior and Maasai traditions related to diet.
- Faculty Get Inside View of ACM Program – and Seats at Globe Theatre – on London Site Visit Apr 25, 2013
Four-day trip engages professors from Luther, Macalester, Monmouth, Ripon, and St. Olaf with Arts in Context semester.
- Dates Set for ACM and "Big Ten" Universities to Discuss Potential Areas for Collaboration Apr 24, 2013
First two meetings of EMKE project will focus on languages in June and digital humanities in October.
- Workshop for ACM-Mellon Post-doctoral Fellows and Mentors "Opens the Classroom Door" Apr 23, 2013
Sessions include micro presentations, discussions of teaching and learning, and job search advice from former Fellows.
- Opening Seminar of Institute on College Futures to Address "Big Picture" of College Finances Apr 17, 2013
Faculty drawn from all ACM colleges will focus on the economics, financial models, and their role in governance at liberal arts colleges.
- Fall Costa Rica Program Offers Students New Elective Courses and Longer Rural Practicum Experience Apr 6, 2013
Comparative health care, public education, and environmental issues in literature are topics of three new courses.
- ACM Group Will Lead Session on Research Ethics at Institute Sponsored by Forum on Education Abroad Mar 30, 2013
Presentation to focus on Ethics Review process implemented on ACM off-campus study programs.
- Carleton's Sarah Olson Named Winner of 2013 Nick Adams Short Story Contest Mar 21, 2013
"Truth in Lies" selected by novelist Peter Geye to receive the annual contest's first prize of $1,000.
- Pilot Online Course in Applied Calculus Will Give Every Student a Virtual Front Row Seat Mar 8, 2013
Applications are due by April 15 for ACM's eight-week course this summer in Calculus: A Modeling Approach.