Faculty Site Visits Program
The ACM Faculty Site Visits Program offers ACM faculty a professional development opportunity through substantive involvement with consortial off-campus study programs.
The program sponsors a trip for a group of 3-5 faculty each semester to one of the consortial program sites, which include Chicago, Botswana, Tanzania, Costa Rica, India, Italy, and the U.K. Faculty will meet with students, program faculty, and local affiliates at the program site. They will also contribute to the program curriculum during the visit by offering a guest lecture, workshop, or master class.
Visiting faculty joined students and ACM staff on a field trip during the Faculty Site Visit to Costa Rica in fall 2012.
The Faculty Site Visits Program is intended to familiarize faculty at ACM colleges with consortial off-campus study programs. Specifically, the program is designed:
- To convey direct knowledge of the site, the local experts, and the curricular and co-curricular offerings of an ACM off-campus program;
- To promote faculty’s future engagement with the program (as visiting faculty or faculty advisors);
- To help faculty identify and advise appropriate students about participating on the program;
- To expand faculty professional networks.
ACM faculty who are tenured, tenure-track, or in other continuing appointments may apply for the program, and preference will be given to applicants not already familiar with the program being visited. ACM covers expenses for transportation, lodging, and meals.
Upcoming Site Visits
London in spring 2013
Five faculty have been selected to participate in a site visit to the ACM Arts in Context program in London on April 29-May 2, 2013.
- Nancy Barry, Professor of English, Luther College
- Terry Boychuk, Associate Professor of Sociology, Macalester College
- Bridget Draxler, Assistant Professor of English, Monmouth College
- Kenneth Hill, Professor of Theatre, Ripon College
- Karen Marsalek, Associate Professor of English, St. Olaf College
Previous Site Visits
For questions about Faculty Site Visits, contact Joan Gillespie, ACM Vice President and Director of Off-Campus Study Programs (312-263-5000).