For High School Students and Guidance Counselors
Contact the ACM colleges
For more information about individual ACM colleges, contact their admission offices or visit their websites.
Resources for high school students and their parents
ACM has materials to help high school students and their parents as they explore college options, including:
- College Guides on a variety of topics: Going to a college fair, campus visits, writing a college application essay, a college evaluation chart, and questions to ask colleges about financial aid;
- The Pre-College Planner, information for students about the college selection process;
- Guia para padres (the Pre-College Planner for Parents in Spanish).
Resources for guidance counselors
Counselor Institute & Luncheon in Denver - October 11, 2013
- This fall, ACM will offer a one-day program in the Denver area designed to help you guide your students as they navigate the college selection process and apply to college. Details and registration
ACM publications are available in PDF format to help students and families understand the college selection process!
- The Pre-College Planner provides a concise overview -- from self-assessment through application -- of how students can find colleges to match their goals.
- Guia para padres (the Pre-College Planner for Parents in Spanish) takes parents through the college search, step by step.
ACM Summer Institute for Counselors
- Finding Fit in Selective College Admissions - ACM has held three Summer Institutes for Counselors in Chicago in 2010, 2011, and 2012. Visit the 2012 Summer Institute webpage for links to resource materials from the Institute, plus links to resources from Institutes in previous years.