For High School Students and Guidance Counselors
Information about the ACM colleges
Resources for high school students and their parents
ACM has materials to help high school students and their parents as they explore college options, including:
- College Guides on a variety of topics: Going to a college fair, campus visits, writing a college application essay, a college evaluation chart, and questions to ask colleges about financial aid;
- The Pre-College Planner, information for students about the college selection process;
- Guia para padres (the Pre-College Planner for Parents in Spanish).
Resources for guidance counselors
ACM Counselor Institutes
- Finding Fit in Selective College Admissions - ACM has sponsored professional development Institutes for counselors in Chicago and Denver. Visit the ACM Counselor Institutes webpage for links to presentations and resource materials from the Institutes.
ACM publications are available in PDF format to help students and families understand the college selection process!
- The Pre-College Planner provides a concise overview – from self-assessment through application – of how students can find colleges to match their goals.
- Guia para padres (the Pre-College Planner for Parents in Spanish) takes parents through the college search, step by step.