News & features
Jan 14, 2016
From handling rare documents to completing a major project of their own design, students on the ACM Newberry Seminar: Research in the Humanities experience one of the world's great research libraries and gain skills that will serve them no matter what career they choose.
A new video about the program has given students in the fall 2015 seminar a chance to describe in their own words what a semester at the Newberry Library — "one of the coolest places in the world" — has meant to them. Read more
Literature and Action Will Intersect in the Fall 2016 Newberry Seminar Dec 3, 2015
- With their shared interests in history, archival research, and Chicago, Cornell professors Tori Barnes-Brus and Rebecca Entel find "a perfect fit" in the Newberry Seminar.
At Midpoint of the Newberry Seminar, Independent Projects Take Center Stage Oct 27, 2014
- The Newberry Seminar's fast pace, wide variety of activities, and breadth of resources keep students engaged throughout the semester.
Exploring the Humanities in a Digital Age at the Newberry Jan 20, 2014
- Knowledge and technology will be the focus when Monmouth College professors Bridget Draxler and Hannah Schell lead the fall 2014 Newberry Seminar.
Creativity, Discovery, and Building Research Skills within a Community of Scholars Dec 4, 2012
- Colorado College professors William Davis and Eric Perramond will lead students on a search for compelling stories in the collections of the Newberry Library during the fall 2013 seminar.
Keeping the Bigger Picture in Mind Leads to Award for Outstanding Research Apr 16, 2012
- Chloe Souza from Macalester College, along with two other finalists, are honored for their independent research on ACM off-campus programs in Costa Rica and at the Newberry Library.
Feature archive »
- Application Deadline Extended for Fall 2016 ACM Off-Campus Study Programs Apr 5, 2016
- May 1 is the extended deadline. Interested students should apply ASAP.
- Fall 2015 Newberry Library Seminar to Explore Theme of "Knowing Your Place: Human and Social Geography" Jun 30, 2014
- Visiting faculty will mentor students' independent research projects in the humanities.
- Visiting Faculty Positions Available on ACM Programs in Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and U.S. Dec 12, 2013
- Call for Applications covers off-campus study posts during the 2015-16 and 2016-17 academic years.
- Newberry Seminar Research Topics Span Millennia and Raise Intriguing Questions Nov 25, 2013
- Students' presentations reflect their intellectual curiosity and engagement with the library's collections.
- Knowledge and Technology Will be Topic when Monmouth Professors Lead the Newberry Seminar in 2014 Aug 8, 2013
- Bridget Draxler and Hannah Schell selected to team-teach ACM program emphasizing independent research in the humanities.
- Visiting Faculty Positions Are Available in 2014-15 on ACM Programs in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the U.S. Nov 19, 2012
- With the programs' wide-ranging curricula, there are opportunities for faculty from across the disciplines.
More news »
You've got questions, we've got answers!
View full photo »
More photos »