News & features
Mar 25, 2014
On 53rd Street, where a Chicago Program student talks about the Hyde Park Bank.
On a bright, late-winter Friday that gave off hints of spring (in between cold gusts of wind off nearby Lake Michigan), the Chicago Program's Hyde Park group showed off their neighborhood to their classmates.
The day-long tour, organized and presented by the students as part of the program's Core Course, focused on Hyde Park's "assets" – the organizations and clubs, institutions, parks, schools and churches, businesses and enterprises, residents, and resources that make up the fabric of the community.
"Neighborhood exploration is a thread that's woven throughout the program, building the students' understanding of the city from the ground up," said Program Director Robyne Hart, who co-teaches the Core Course with Program Faculty Dorothy Burge. Read more
So Many Ways to Unleash the Entrepreneur Within Oct 15, 2013
- Chicago Program adjunct faculty Dima Elissa and Parissa Behnia draw on extensive business experience to mentor students in their independent study projects and to spark the entrepreneurial mindset.
Strong Voice, Warm Heart, "My Chicago Mom" Jun 28, 2013
- Students, colleagues, friends, and family honored Mary Scott-Boria, a long-time faculty member at Urban Studies and the Chicago Program, at her retirement party.
Hearing People's Stories and Getting Involved in Chicago May 21, 2013
- Chicago Program alumni Taylor Shelton, Sam Sekulich, and Shea Love found opportunities on the program to pursue their passions for poetry, art, education, and social justice.
A Politician and a Journalist Give Students an Insider's View on Chicago Issues Feb 23, 2012
- Alderman Joe Moore and journalist Ben Joravsky, veterans of Chicago's political scene who just happen to share an ACM connection, square off (though politely) for Chicago Program students.
For Business Students, Leaping into an Internship Brings Big Rewards Mar 22, 2011
- Whether they're working at a start-up or an established company, Business, Entrepreneurship, & Society students gain valuable experience on internships.
Feature archive »
- Polls Are Open for Fans' Choice Voting in Off-Campus Study Photo Contest for Students Dec 9, 2013
- Give a thumbs up to your favorite entries on the ACM Facebook page.
- Students Produce Video to Promote the Chicago Program Nov 26, 2013
- Video grew out of the program's workshop for independent study projects focused on entrepreneurship.
- Exhibit by Chicago Program Arts Faculty Jason Pallas Is Encyclopedic in Scope Nov 15, 2013
- Solo art show at Dittmar Gallery explores how technology has changed our relationship to knowledge.
- ACM Has Moved! Jun 25, 2013
- The consortial office, Chicago Program, and Urban Education Program are together in new space at 11 E. Adams Street in Chicago.
- Research Ethics Are Focus of New Review Process for Students’ Independent Projects Jan 16, 2013
- Faculty collaboration and Symposium on Protecting Human Subjects created a process for ethical oversight of student research on ACM off-campus programs.
- Chicago Program's Mary Scott-Boria to Speak on Movement to End Violence Against Women Nov 15, 2012
- Panel will discuss Arrested Justice, the latest book by scholar activist Beth Ritchie at event on December 1 in Chicago.
More news »
Seasons Greetings from all of us at the Associated Colleges of the Midwest! Click for our 2012 holiday greeting.
View full photo »
More photos »