News & features
Dec 12, 2014
A Chicago Program field trip to Guichard Gallery in Bronzeville.
"We want faculty to see how we teach and the kind of experience we offer to students," said Robyne Hart, Director of the ACM Chicago Program. That chance will come in the spring when the program sponsors a faculty site visit to Chicago.
"The site visit will take the theme of Chicago and Innovation as a way to show how the program gets students involved in cutting edge things that are happening in the city, from participatory art to community organizing and activism to start-up companies," she said.
A group of faculty from ACM colleges will be selected to visit the Chicago Program on April 8-10, 2015. While they're in the city, they will interact with students, program staff, and some of the local partners — businesses, artists, organizations — that support the program's experiential components by hosting internships and seminar field trips. Read more
Welcome to Hyde Park! Now Start Walking ... Mar 25, 2014
- On the Chicago Program, a neighborhood tour tells the story of what students have discovered about their neighborhood.
So Many Ways to Unleash the Entrepreneur Within Oct 15, 2013
- Chicago Program adjunct faculty Dima Elissa and Parissa Behnia draw on extensive business experience to mentor students in their independent study projects and to spark the entrepreneurial mindset.
Strong Voice, Warm Heart, "My Chicago Mom" Jun 28, 2013
- Students, colleagues, friends, and family honored Mary Scott-Boria, a long-time faculty member at Urban Studies and the Chicago Program, at her retirement party.
Hearing People's Stories and Getting Involved in Chicago May 21, 2013
- Chicago Program alumni Taylor Shelton, Sam Sekulich, and Shea Love found opportunities on the program to pursue their passions for poetry, art, education, and social justice.
A Politician and a Journalist Give Students an Insider's View on Chicago Issues Feb 23, 2012
- Alderman Joe Moore and journalist Ben Joravsky, veterans of Chicago's political scene who just happen to share an ACM connection, square off (though politely) for Chicago Program students.
Feature archive »
- Students Produce Video to Promote the Chicago Program Nov 26, 2013
- Video grew out of the program's workshop for independent study projects focused on entrepreneurship.
- Exhibit by Chicago Program Arts Faculty Jason Pallas Is Encyclopedic in Scope Nov 15, 2013
- Solo art show at Dittmar Gallery explores how technology has changed our relationship to knowledge.
- ACM Has Moved! Jun 25, 2013
- The consortial office, Chicago Program, and Urban Education Program are together in new space at 11 E. Adams Street in Chicago.
- Research Ethics Are Focus of New Review Process for Students’ Independent Projects Jan 16, 2013
- Faculty collaboration and Symposium on Protecting Human Subjects created a process for ethical oversight of student research on ACM off-campus programs.
- Chicago Program's Mary Scott-Boria to Speak on Movement to End Violence Against Women Nov 15, 2012
- Panel will discuss Arrested Justice, the latest book by scholar activist Beth Ritchie at event on December 1 in Chicago.
- Schumptoberfest 2012 Focuses on Entrepreneurship and Innovation Across the Liberal Arts Curriculum Sep 17, 2012
- ACM faculty and students are invited to free conference at Grinnell College on October 13-14.
More news »
Season's Greetings from all of us at the Associated Colleges of the Midwest! Click here for our 2014 holiday greeting.
View full photo »
More photos »