Florence: Arts, Humanities, & Culture
The Beloit College Florence Program
Working Behind the Scenes at the Uffizi Gallery and the Medici Chapels Feb 18, 2013
- Internships at two of Florence's premier museums complemented students' courses, boosted their language skills, and gave them new options to consider.
Drawing Connections Across the Centuries in Florence Mar 14, 2011
- Lecture by art historian Julia Sienkewicz brings out historic ties of the ACM Florence program's studio art course.
Tempting, Astounding, Challenging – Read All About It in the ACM Student Blogs Sep 24, 2010
- With words and photos, and in their distinctive voices, Global Ambassadors offer unfiltered views of their off-campus study experiences around the world.
From the Midwest to Florence, and from the Renaissance to Today May 19, 2010
- Teacher, art history scholar, author, and longtime resident of Italy – Jodie Mariotti brings a wealth of experience as the new Director of the ACM Florence Programs.
Lessons of Life and the Heart and the Mind and the World Apr 21, 2010
- The ACM Student Symposium on Off-Campus Study brought together 33 students to share their experiences, insights, and stories about the academic and personal growth fostered by off-campus study.
Engaging in a Dialogue that Can Both Surprise and Inspire Apr 11, 2010
- Students will gather in Chicago on April 16-17 to reflect on their off-campus study experiences at the 2010 Student Symposium on Off-Campus Study.
Portraying the Journey of Life Dec 16, 2009
- Encounters with people, cultures, history, and the physical environment are among the experiences chronicled in the prize-winning photos from the 2009-10 ACM Off-Campus Study Photo Contest.
Bella Figura! Apr 30, 2009
- On the ACM Florence Program, Jennifer Halbman discovered that the Italian phrase "bella figura" provided a multitude of insights into Italian culture and everyday life in Florence.
Leaving Footprints Behind ... Learning Lessons Along the Way Apr 24, 2009
- Students shared compelling stories about adventure and discovery, academic and personal growth, and insights gained at the ACM Off-Campus Study Student Symposium.
Excitement of Off-Campus Study Reflected in Students' Photos Jan 30, 2009
- As part of the 50th Anniversary celebration, ACM sponsored the Off-Campus Study Photo Contest, inviting students to share the images and impressions they gathered from studying around the world.
Follow us online
One of the things I loved the most about the Florence program was the intense language classes. Learning the language helped so much with learning about the culture. I also fell in love with the city - for me, Florence is the best place to learn about art.
—Emily Ho, Florence, Fall 2007
Read more testimonials »