News & features
Feb 18, 2013
Madeleine Senko and Siri Benn in Florence.
Madeleine Senko, a junior at St. Olaf College, is a big fan of museums. So what did she do when she arrived in Florence last fall and heard that she could get an internship at the famous Uffizi Gallery? "Of course, I started jumping up and down with joy!" she said.
When visitors from around the world flock to the Medici Chapels, another of Florence's best-known sites, they now have Lawrence University's Siri Benn as one of their guides, figuratively speaking.
Senko and Benn were the first students on the Florence Program to have internships at two of the city's premier museums. Their experiences as interns complemented their academic work, gave a big boost to their Italian language skills, and provided insights into what they would like to do in the future. Read more
Drawing Connections Across the Centuries in Florence Mar 14, 2011
- Lecture by art historian Julia Sienkewicz brings out historic ties of the ACM Florence program's studio art course.
Tempting, Astounding, Challenging – Read All About It in the ACM Student Blogs Sep 24, 2010
- With words and photos, and in their distinctive voices, Global Ambassadors offer unfiltered views of their off-campus study experiences around the world.
From the Midwest to Florence, and from the Renaissance to Today May 19, 2010
- Teacher, art history scholar, author, and longtime resident of Italy – Jodie Mariotti brings a wealth of experience as the new Director of the ACM Florence Programs.
Lessons of Life and the Heart and the Mind and the World Apr 21, 2010
- The ACM Student Symposium on Off-Campus Study brought together 33 students to share their experiences, insights, and stories about the academic and personal growth fostered by off-campus study.
Engaging in a Dialogue that Can Both Surprise and Inspire Apr 11, 2010
- Students will gather in Chicago on April 16-17 to reflect on their off-campus study experiences at the 2010 Student Symposium on Off-Campus Study.
Feature archive »
- Visiting Faculty Positions Are Available in 2014-15 on ACM Programs in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the U.S. Nov 19, 2012
- With the programs' wide-ranging curricula, there are opportunities for faculty from across the disciplines.
- Internships Give Students a Rare Insider's View of Museums in Florence Oct 31, 2012
- Program Director Jodie Mariotti set up opportunities to work at the Uffizi Gallery and Medici Chapels.
- Prices Announced for ACM Off-Campus Study Programs in 2012-13 Feb 16, 2012
- Detailed cost information for each program is posted online.
- Trip to Florence by ACM Faculty Will Enrich Students' Curriculum Oct 19, 2011
- Site visit designed to give professors an insider's view of the Florence Program while they share their expertise.
- Faculty in Music, Art, and Anthropology Named to Visiting Positions on ACM Programs Sep 24, 2011
- Professors link off-campus study to the on-campus curricula at consortial colleges.
- Faculty at ACM Colleges Appointed to Visiting Positions with Off-Campus Programs in 2011-12 May 28, 2010
- Five professors will share their expertise with students on ACM programs in London, Florence, Botswana, and India.
More news »
Two students and their Italian host mother in Florence, Italy. Courtesy of Kellie Griffin.
View full photo »
More photos »