London & Florence: Arts in Context
London, England & Florence, Italy
In association with the Beloit College Florence Program
Working Behind the Scenes at the Uffizi Gallery and the Medici Chapels Feb 18, 2013
- Internships at two of Florence's premier museums complemented students' courses, boosted their language skills, and gave them new options to consider.
Looking for Theatre on the Streets, Not Just the Stages, of London Aug 24, 2012
- As Director of ACM’s program in London, Luther professor Mark Z. Muggli aims to help students connect theatre to all aspects of their off-campus experience.
"Never as Simple as it Seems" – Stories of Surprise, Challenge, and Enlightenment Apr 11, 2012
- Students will describe and reflect on their experiences around the world at the 4th annual ACM Student Symposium on Off-Campus Study in Chicago.
Using London's Literary Tradition to Discover Its People, History, and Society Sep 8, 2011
- "Immigrant," "hidden," and "sinister" are motifs Natania Rosenfeld calls upon in exploring the past and present in London.
Drawing Connections Across the Centuries in Florence Mar 14, 2011
- Lecture by art historian Julia Sienkewicz brings out historic ties of the ACM Florence program's studio art course.
Tempting, Astounding, Challenging – Read All About It in the ACM Student Blogs Sep 24, 2010
- With words and photos, and in their distinctive voices, Global Ambassadors offer unfiltered views of their off-campus study experiences around the world.
From the Midwest to Florence, and from the Renaissance to Today May 19, 2010
- Teacher, art history scholar, author, and longtime resident of Italy – Jodie Mariotti brings a wealth of experience as the new Director of the ACM Florence Programs.
Strolling Through Space and Time in the Streets of London Feb 16, 2010
- Kelly Stage will seek out "moments in our imagination" to help students connect with Londoners through the centuries when she is the London & Florence Program Faculty Director in spring 2011.
Portraying the Journey of Life Dec 16, 2009
- Encounters with people, cultures, history, and the physical environment are among the experiences chronicled in the prize-winning photos from the 2009-10 ACM Off-Campus Study Photo Contest.
Bella Figura! Apr 30, 2009
- On the ACM Florence Program, Jennifer Halbman discovered that the Italian phrase "bella figura" provided a multitude of insights into Italian culture and everyday life in Florence.
Follow us online
Participating in the London & Florence program opened my eyes to a new side of the arts I had never known before. Just as important as the academic portion, the connections I made with other students, the professors, and especially my homestay mom are ones I will remember for the rest of my life. From my professors’ expert knowledge in their fields to my homestay mom’s cultural insights into Italian society, the program gave me an unforgettable experience. Although I had been a tourist in both locations previously, this program provided me with the opportunity to experience education, culture, and daily life.
—Hannah Ilika, London & Florence, Spring 2011
Read more testimonials »