Skip to main content

Passport & Visa

Apply for a passport several months before leaving for the program

You will need to have a passport to travel to Jordan, and it should be valid for at least six months beyond the end of the program. If you do not now have a passport and are an American citizen, review the information on the US Department of State website and apply for a passport several months before you will be leaving to go on the program. If you are a citizen of another country and need to renew your passport, contact the nearest consulate or embassy.

If you hold a US passport, you do not need to obtain a student or other visa before you travel to Jordan.  Upon arrival at the Amman airport, you will be issued a tourist visa. During the first few weeks of the program, you’ll work with the AMIDEAST local staff to register and extend your visa.

If you are an international student studying in the United States, contact the ACM office for information about a visa and any required documents to study in Jordan.